ASUSTek Computer press-service announced the release of a new KFSN5-D motherboard for server systems and powerful working stations, like PIKE (Proprietary I/O Kit Expansion) and Flex-E (Flexibility of PCI-E), thanks to which motherboards functionality expands even further (optionally allowing the use of special platforms for expansion ASUS PIKE 1064E, ASUS PIKE 1068E and ASUS PIKE 1078).
Motherboard is based on SSI EEB 3.61 form-factor with 304.8 x 330.2 mm dimensions, also nVidia nForce Professional 3600 logic system, built-in two Socket 1207 slots and supports quad-core processors AMD Opteron 2300 series (Barcelona), as well as dual-core chips AMD Opteron 2200 series. On top of all this, other technical characteristics:
- Sixteen DDR2 Registered ECC slots with 64GB overall capacity, working on 533/667/800 MHz frequency;
- One PCI-E x8 slot, three PCI-E x16 slots, one PCI slot and one PIKE slot;
- One IDE-connector and six SATA2 ports with RAID 0/1/0+1/5 support and JBOD;
- Integrated XGI Z9s with 32MB video memory;
- Back panel includes one PS/2 port, one VGA port, two RJ-45 ports and two USB ports.
The cost and official release of ASUS KFSN5-D is still unavailable.