Happen to be a victim of the issue battery not charging even though power supply is plugged-in I managed to get it solved.
The steps are simple:
1. Shut down your laptop.
2. Unplug the power supply cable from the laptop.
3. Disconnect power supply from the power outlet.
4. Remove battery from the laptop.
5. Leave everything apart for about 10 minutes.
6. Assemble everything back together.
7. Power on your laptop.
These steps worked like a charm for my laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise edition installed.
I hope this helps someone.