- Dual-core system working with controllers allowed to speed up overall performance by 20%;
- Multi-axis Shock Sensor and Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF) technology decrease vibrations and stability;
- IntelliSeek technology, optimizes process work;
- Time-limited Error Recovery (TLER) function, which decreases the number of lost packets from RAID-holders;
- StableTrac Technology and NoTouch Ramp Load Technology for advanced quality and stability work with discs;
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) technology, allowing for a solid data recording.
Also, this device is characterized by 7200 RPMs, 32 MB buffer, 1.2 million hours of operation and five-year manufacturer's warranty.Recommended price for WD RE3 750 GB (serial number WD57502ABYS) and WD RE3 1 TB (serial number WD1002FBYS) approximately $200-$250, mass production has been started.